Selecting and growing the best that nature has to offer
Diana Food sources more than 100 different varieties of fruit, vegetables, meat, and seafood from all over the world, and sourcing expertise is at the core of our strategy and business model. Our sole objective is to select the best raw materials so that we can offer our customers the best product quality.
Thanks to an integrated team of agronomists, Diana Food is able to ensure the highest possible quality of ingredients. This team of experts works right at the source, beginning with the careful selection of fields and suppliers. They are constantly improving the varieties we source, ensuring that there is adherence to agricultural regulations and verifying that high standards are applied to sustainable farming methods.
Agronomy: a foundational expertise of Diana Food
Our operations all over the globe benefit from the presence and know-how of our in-house agronomy expertise.
The agronomists at Diana Food play a vital role in the supply of sustainable raw materials for our production sites. Through their knowledge and experience, we are able to consistently and sustainably provide our customers with high quality, high performance products in optimum quantities. Our global network of thirteen agronomists gives us in-house collaborative expertise focused on best practices related to soil management, water and irrigation management, crop rotation, and contaminants management, as well as updated information on regulations.
Exploring the best varieties and maximizing growing conditions for success
• Genetic programs (non-GMO) leading to exclusive varieties
• Varietal screening
• Plant breeding
• « Terroir » / soil selection for best potential expression
• High-skilled farmers selection
Reaching optimal performance of varieties according to the target functionality
• Close, long-term partnerships with farmers
• Ensure sustainable agricultural practices
• Maturity control
• Sampling raw materials until reaching the target performance
• Triggering the harvest for peak quality
• Optimized supply according to performance criteria
Delivering sustainable added-value for end consumers
• Residue controls & regulatory compliance
• Suppliers sustainability assessment
• Sustainable claims for customers
• Full traceability
• High performing, differentiating products
Nature, fortunately, is volatile and our job is to make the best of itThierry Jaupitre, Purchase Director
Raw materials with quality you can trust
Meet our farmers and discover our key streams
1 This certification exclusively applies to our reference of acerola powder produced in our Antrain facility.